none
Intermittently getting Active Cache queue error; not all the time. RRS feed

• Question

• We have a large project (6,000) lines that we are managing in Project pro 2010.  When we publish to Server, the majority of the time, it works fine.  However, we have on a few occassions received the Active Cache error after it runs for a while (this time it was 77%).  I noticed in the error this time....below in bold, that it mentioned a null value.  Is this because of a potential blank line, etc. or does someone know of something specific that we need to look for with respect to configuration, etc.?

ActiveCacheQueuedMessageExecutionError:

ActiveCacheQueuedMessageExecutionError (12005). Details: id='12005' name='ActiveCacheQueuedMessageExecutionError' uid='bb9bde48-5109-43e2-bdf8-b86e50baecb1' error='System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: NULL textptr (text, ntext, or image pointer) passed to UPDATE TEXT function. The statement has been terminated. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) at

Cletus51

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 1:29 PM

All replies

• This can be caused by various scenarios.  The main one that I see that causes this, is when a user is working on on his laptop that is dock into a cradle and connected to a wired network.  Then the user rips the laptop from the cradle and switches to wireless network connection.  The cache gets confuse and sometimes corrupts the cache. 

Another scenario is when user is working VPN from home and breaks his connection.

Are you team members doing something similiar to this?

CHeers!

Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

Thursday, April 11, 2013 3:01 AM