web cam problem RRS feed

• Question

• i had installed window vista ultimate on my laptop, but the camera of my laptop does not work?  actually it is not compatible with any version of window vista but rest of my drivers are compatible with window vista of any version.  how i can make my camera (acer crystal eye web cam) compatible with my window vista ultimate. my laptop model is acer aspire 4730z. help!
    • Moved by Dale QiaoModerator Thursday, March 25, 2010 1:56 AM Move to relevant catagory. (From:Windows 7 Installation, Setup, and Deployment)
    • Moved by Dale QiaoModerator Thursday, March 25, 2010 1:57 AM Move to relevant catagory. (From:Windows 7 Installation, Setup, and Deployment)
    Wednesday, March 24, 2010 5:41 AM

Answers

• You're issue is about hardware support for Windows Vista, not about deployment of Windows 7? You better ask your question in the correct forums...

However, Acer fully supports Windows Vista, so you should first turn to their driver download pages to obtain the latest version of all related drivers. I assume installing the webcam driver will probably fix the issue.

MCSA/MCTS/MCP
    • Edited by SenneVL Wednesday, March 24, 2010 2:12 PM typo
    • Marked as answer by Dale QiaoModerator Wednesday, March 31, 2010 9:01 AM
    Wednesday, March 24, 2010 10:40 AM