none
AppV 5 - Part or all packages publish failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i'm facing a problem with an appv package wich is used by terminalserver users in our domain.

We are running Windows Server 2008 R2 and AppV Version 5.0.1104.0.

Some user are getting the application correct, but some users are getting publishing errors instead.

A concrete example refers to 2 different users, who are connected to the same terminalserver and shall get the same application via appv.

User 1 ist getting the appv-package correct, User 2 not

The following error is protocoled in the eventlog :

Log Name: Microsoft-AppV-Client/Admin
    Source:        Microsoft-AppV-Client
    Date:         07.01.2014 15:32:02
    Event-ID:   19104
    Task Category: Publishing Refresh
    Level:         Fehler
    Keywords: Publishing Refresh
    User:      ...
    Computer:      servername.domäne.de
    Description:
    Part or all packages publish failed.
    published: 0
    failed: 1
    Please check the error events of 'Configure/Publish Package' before this message for the details of the failure.

The operational log says:

Log Name: Microsoft-AppV-Client/Operational
    Source:        Microsoft-AppV-Client
    Date:         08.01.2014 10:00:06
    Event-ID:   19002
    Task Category: Publishing Refresh
    Level:         Informationen
    Keywords: Publishing Refresh
    User:      ...
    Computer:      servername.domain.de
    Description:
    Publishing Refresh stopped.
     URL: http://ntvmappv02:8080
     Global: false
     Return code: 0x59701607 - 0xB

The Result of the powershellcommand: Get-AppVPublishingServer is identical in both users sessions and is our correct configuration:

PS C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0> Get-AppvPublishingServer

Id                        : 1
    SetByGroupPolicy          : True
    Name                      : Server02
    URL                       :http://Server02:8080
    GlobalRefreshEnabled      : False
    GlobalRefreshOnLogon      : False
    GlobalRefreshInterval     : 1
    GlobalRefreshIntervalUnit : Day
    UserRefreshEnabled        : True
    UserRefreshOnLogon        : True
    UserRefreshInterval       : 1
    UserRefreshIntervalUnit   : Hour

The reuslt of Sync-AppVPublishingServer instead is correct with User 1, but User 2 receives the following error:

Sync-AppvPublishingServer :  There were errors encountered when trying to publish packages from the server.
    Operation attempted: RefreshPublishingServer
    AppV Error Code: 070000000B.
    Please consult AppV Client Event Log for more details.
    In Zeile:1 Zeichen:1
    + Sync-AppvPublishingServer -ServerId 1
    +~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
       + CatgegoryInfo                :              InvalidResult:  (:)  [Sync-AppvPublishingServer],
      ClientException
       + FullyQualifiedErrorId       :              RefreshPublishingServerError,Microsoft.AppV.Appv
      ClientPowerShell.SyncAppvPublishingServer

Hope someone can help me with this situation.

kind regards,
    Torben

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 9:30 AM

Answers

• In my case, changing the value did not help. After a call to support, we determined that deleting the entire HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\AppV\Client\Virtualization\LocalVFSSecuredUsers
    key resolved the issue (the App-V client recreates it automatically).

Hope this helps someone!

Ryan

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 9:06 PM
  • Hi,

i found a workaround for my problem.

It’s a bit confusing in my case.

I tried lot of things. The following folders

- %APPDATA% \ Microsoft \ AppV \ Client \ VFS
    - %LOCALAPPDATA% \ Microsoft \ AppV \ Client \ VFS

were not existing in the user profiles.

When logging on to the terminalserver with a testuser and a fresh profile, these folders were created promptly.

When testing another appv-package in the users ts-session, this was loaded correctly. And the one application wich creates the errors, is loaded correctly with other users.

So i thought that the package as well as the appv-client and –serverconfigurations have to be correct.

I also deleted the package, according to the entry on the site http://trentent.blogspot.de/2013/02/appv-5-issues.html, and executed AppvPublishingServer |Sync-AppvPublishingServer afterwards. But the result was Error 070000000B again.

Finally, as a workaround, i deleted the terminalserverprofiles of the corresponding users (luckly these were just a handful). After relogging on to the terminalserver again and a than fresh profile, the app was loaded correctly.

Thanks for the help so far.

Regards,

Torben

• Marked as answer by Support141 Thursday, January 9, 2014 10:04 AM
    Thursday, January 9, 2014 10:04 AM

All replies

• Have you tried to Remove the application using Powershell?  I see somebody suggested removing all applications using Powershell and then syncing again.

http://trentent.blogspot.com/2013/02/appv-5-issues.html

Or as suggested in a similar post on here. Have you attempt to remove and manually add the package using Powershell?

Was the package converted from a previous version by any chance?

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c40ffca6-2e5a-4ae7-ba40-912e57eff405/cant-load-package-from-publishing-server-event-id-1008?forum=mdopappv

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 3:25 PM
  • Hi,

i found a workaround for my problem.

It’s a bit confusing in my case.

I tried lot of things. The following folders

- %APPDATA% \ Microsoft \ AppV \ Client \ VFS
    - %LOCALAPPDATA% \ Microsoft \ AppV \ Client \ VFS

were not existing in the user profiles.

When logging on to the terminalserver with a testuser and a fresh profile, these folders were created promptly.

When testing another appv-package in the users ts-session, this was loaded correctly. And the one application wich creates the errors, is loaded correctly with other users.

So i thought that the package as well as the appv-client and –serverconfigurations have to be correct.

I also deleted the package, according to the entry on the site http://trentent.blogspot.de/2013/02/appv-5-issues.html, and executed AppvPublishingServer |Sync-AppvPublishingServer afterwards. But the result was Error 070000000B again.

Finally, as a workaround, i deleted the terminalserverprofiles of the corresponding users (luckly these were just a handful). After relogging on to the terminalserver again and a than fresh profile, the app was loaded correctly.

Thanks for the help so far.

Regards,

Torben

• Marked as answer by Support141 Thursday, January 9, 2014 10:04 AM
    Thursday, January 9, 2014 10:04 AM
  • I found a solution for this error.

I had the same error for one specific user on one specific server, part of a Citrix server farm.

I found this key: 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\AppV\Client\Virtualization\LocalVFSSecuredUsers'

The value for this user's SID was 'C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Microsoft\AppV\Client\VFS'. All other user SIDs had the value of '%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\AppV\Client\VFS'.

After changing this user's value to '%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\AppV\Client\VFS' and logoff/logon the issue was solved.

There is no need to remove the user's profile.

Strange thing is what caused this issue: maybe a timing issue in the logon sequence.

Jur Huisman

• Edited by jwhuisman Wednesday, October 29, 2014 8:35 AM
    • Proposed as answer by jwhuisman Thursday, October 30, 2014 3:49 PM
    Tuesday, October 28, 2014 4:44 PM
  • Hey Jwhuisman!

what you wrote is very intersting and thank you for sharing

there are 2 things I'm wondering about

a. Why this user was ever set in C:\Users\default in first place? I have a feeling the user didn't go there and just modified it

b. I don't see any documentation from MS about what this value is about?!

we have a similar environment managed with Citrix XenDesktop and Citrix UPM.

users are using AppV 5.0 Apps regularly until it just stops to work. manual sync brings us the 070000000B error and the event viewer doesn't help us much. I checked this value now on some users that had the problem and they're all pointing to %USERPROFILE%

but currently , our only solution is to reset the users profile from time to time.

we couldn't locate special applications when it happen more often :/
    the UPM is set to exclude all the AppV dirs...
    all the app-v components are with the latest Service Pack and hotfix

I didn't open a new thread as it seems to be the same symptoms and the errors are exactly as this one.

any help will be appreciated

Tamir Levy

Monday, November 3, 2014 10:43 AM
  • Hello Tamir,

I don't know what caused the issue: maybe a combination of Citrix User Pofile Manager, RES Workspace Manager and App-V 5.

Our App-V settings in Citrix User Profile Manager are like this:

Citrix Profile Management\File system
    Exlusion List - directories:
    - AppData\Local\Microsoft\AppV
    - AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AppV\Client\Catalog

Citrix\Profile Management\Registry
    Exclusion List:
    - Software\Microsoft\AppV\Client\Integration
    - Software\Microsoft\AppV\Client\Publishing

Citrix\Profile Management\Streamed user profiles
    Profile streaming: Disabled

I've found another issue that can cause event-id 19104, i will post that in another thread.

Jur Huisman

• Edited by jwhuisman Tuesday, November 4, 2014 9:16 AM hyperlink added
    Tuesday, November 4, 2014 8:42 AM
  • In my case, changing the value did not help. After a call to support, we determined that deleting the entire HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\AppV\Client\Virtualization\LocalVFSSecuredUsers
    key resolved the issue (the App-V client recreates it automatically).

Hope this helps someone!

Ryan

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 9:06 PM
  • THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

This was the only thing that worked in a situation where we had to change a package from user to global and then it stopped opening.

Friday, June 12, 2015 2:22 PM
  • Hey Ryan

You made my day! After troubleshooting and searching error ids throught the web for over 2 days, I finally got the problem solved.

Amazing! Thank you. Now I'm ready for weekend :)

Friday, June 26, 2015 9:15 AM
  • Oh man, thank you!  I would never have fixed this without your comment and was in tears at the prospect of having to rebuild a load of systems.  Deleted the key and rebooted and it worked.
    Thursday, June 1, 2017 1:05 PM