Conference has expired and hence cannot be activated RRS feed

• Question

• OCS 2007 R2
    Live Meeting 2007 with Outlook 2007

When I try to schedule a Conference Call using the Conferencing Add-in's, I get the invite no problem, but as soon as I click Join with Communicator, or anyone else that I have sent the invite to tries to join (via OC or Phone), it fails.  The error I get when I try to join in the even view is "Conference has expired and hence cannot be activated".  Also, If I try to add an external number to an existing call (therefore making it a conference) I get disconnected with the following error "Cannot perform the selected action. This action may not be permitted by the conferencing service. Please try again. If the problem persists, please contact your system administrator." 

When I try all of the above on another PC it works fine.  I have uninstall/reinstalled OC 2007 R2, Conf Add-ins, LM2007, and of course rebooted.  Also I have also tried a different profile on the PC where the issue exists, and have the same issues.  Any ideas?

This seems to only be effecting me, on this one PC (which is great since i'm the OCS Admin).

Thanks in advance.

Friday, March 12, 2010 8:40 PM

Answers

• You could try to disable your account for OCS en re-Enable your account after 30 minutes
    - Belgian Unified Communications Community : http://www.pro-exchange.be -
    • Marked as answer by mtdewman816 Saturday, April 10, 2010 1:27 AM
    Tuesday, March 23, 2010 11:26 PM
  • RESOLVED!  I ended up deleting my OCS account, waited an hour (was only planning to wait 30 min), and recreated and now it all works.  Thanks.

Saturday, April 10, 2010 1:27 AM

All replies

• Please check logs in \Users\Tracing folder, and also enable SIP Tracing on server and check.
    Tek-Nerd
    Friday, March 12, 2010 9:12 PM
  • I check the logs and I am getting the following errors when trying to join a conference call I have scheduled:

401 Unauthorized
    503 Service unavailable (Report error service is not available)

Also, I just realized that I missed trying to join a conference call I scheduled from a different PC.  So I just tested that, I scheduled and tried to join from the same PC, and was not able to, same issue.  Again this is only happening (that I'm aware of) to my account.

Also, there are 1 warning in the event log on the FE server:
    Log Name:      Office Communications Server
    Source:        OCS Protocol Stack
    Date:          3/12/2010 10:44:47 AM
    Event ID:      14507
    Task Category: (1001)
    Level:         Warning
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      FrontEnd.int.samhealth.net
    Description:
    At least one attempt to reference stale (non-existent or deleted) security association was detected.

There were 1 messages with signature that referenced stale (non-existent or deleted) security association in the last 2162 minutes.

Friday, March 12, 2010 10:23 PM
  • Something else I want to point out, is that I am able to do conferences when connected remotely.  Again, this seems to be only happening to my account.
    Monday, March 15, 2010 7:19 PM
  • Just a a suggestion is to check your local time on the Servers & Clients.
    Also make sure you check the timezones on both Servers & Clients
    Wednesday, March 17, 2010 12:11 AM
  • Just checked times and they are all identical.
    • Unmarked as answer by mtdewman816 Saturday, April 10, 2010 1:27 AM
    Monday, March 22, 2010 9:33 PM
  • You could try to disable your account for OCS en re-Enable your account after 30 minutes
    Tuesday, March 23, 2010 11:26 PM
  • Agreed, that is my next thing to test, I'll let you know if it helps.
    Wednesday, March 24, 2010 8:29 PM
  • RESOLVED!  I ended up deleting my OCS account, waited an hour (was only planning to wait 30 min), and recreated and now it all works.  Thanks.

Saturday, April 10, 2010 1:27 AM