none
Keyboard Not Plugged In But Esc Key Pressed RRS feed

• General discussion

• I just noticed recently that my computer thinks that the ESC key is pressed automatically every 8 seconds and it only happens on certain programs. I was able to find out by going to a keyboard tester site to check if my keyboard was working or not. And low and behold, the escape key was being "pressed" every 8 seconds. I thought something was wrong with my keyboard, which is the Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 USB version in Korea. I unplugged and while waiting for about a minute, the ESC key was "pressed" again by itself. I tried to search for solutions on-line but nothing came up. So I then checked something that showed the keys being pressed and it was saying that HID Input (Break) Esc Key which I'd assume was interesting because when I pressed and released a button it would come out differently. Is this a driver issue or did I do something that caused this to happen?
    Tuesday, June 17, 2014 2:03 AM

All replies

• Do you experience the same in Safe mode also?

S.Sengupta, Windows Entertainment and Connected Home MVP

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 10:55 AM
  • As what Sengupta suggested, try in Safe mode and check whether it happens or not.

And do you have 3rd party tools running on the background?

Or try doing a clean boot, check out this link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796/en-us

if safe mode and clean boot works fine, then it could be some 3rd party program that is messing up.

Every second counts..make use of it. Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.
    IT Stuff Quick Bytes

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 2:09 AM