Deteremine which user installed a program RRS feed

• Question

• I have searched google and SCE 2010. I can run a report that lists the software installed on a computer but not the install date and the user who installed the program. Looking into authoring I noticed a "Install by" and "Install Date". I think are the attributes I need to perform what I want, but do not know how to call those attributes to provide the information needed.

I have look for at wmi for a possible solution but it appears that wmi cannot do what I want also. Is it even possible to perform such a query? If so how through SCE 2010.

Friday, July 29, 2011 8:08 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Undortunately there is no "software metering" feature in SCE 2010. You cannot use SCE 2010 to find out who installed a software or when the software was installed.

Thanks,

Yog Li -- Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by rtilson Tuesday, August 2, 2011 12:43 PM
    Monday, August 1, 2011 10:11 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Undortunately there is no "software metering" feature in SCE 2010. You cannot use SCE 2010 to find out who installed a software or when the software was installed.

Thanks,

Yog Li -- Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by rtilson Tuesday, August 2, 2011 12:43 PM
    Monday, August 1, 2011 10:11 AM
  • Thanks for the reply confirming what I suspected. Do you know of any Microsoft products that will perform "software metering"? If there isn't a Microsoft product then maybe another vendor whose software will.

Thanks,

Robert

Monday, August 1, 2011 12:34 PM
  • Hello Robert,

Please read the articles below to see if System Center Configurations Manager can help you in this scenario.

Software Metering in Configuration Manager
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb694169.aspx

For any further question about System Center Configuration Manager(SCCM), you can use the following forums:

System Center Configuration Manager Forums
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/configurationmanager

Thanks,

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 9:13 AM