Run Update Resource on Denied/Rejected Request ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an issue, which I am not sure if is posible or not.

Have an Update Resource action workflow where I try to update an attribute. There is "Apply Authorization Policy" checked and it kicks off the Request Approval action perfect.

My issues is that I want to change the attribute to something else in the case the approver rejects the request - is that even possible?

Simple "breakdown" of what I want to do:

- Attribute X is value 0

- Action workflow, with Auth Policy, request to change attribute x to 1

- Auth workflow trigger and uses "Request Approval" to request approval for the change

- If approved, change attribute x to 1, OR

- If denied/rejected, change attribute x to 2

Kind regards

Martin

Friday, August 24, 2018 9:41 AM

Answers

• You'll need to create an appropriate "Failed Requests" set and apply a policy when a request transitions into that set. The workflow associated to the policy can then do pretty much anything when it's triggered (which will be not be immediately but when the SQL Agent job runs (by default once a day). There is a short example of this idea in the SendEmailNotification Activity wiki.

• Marked as answer by assassindk Monday, August 27, 2018 5:33 AM
    Saturday, August 25, 2018 9:07 AM

All replies

• You'll need to create an appropriate "Failed Requests" set and apply a policy when a request transitions into that set. The workflow associated to the policy can then do pretty much anything when it's triggered (which will be not be immediately but when the SQL Agent job runs (by default once a day). There is a short example of this idea in the SendEmailNotification Activity wiki.

• Marked as answer by assassindk Monday, August 27, 2018 5:33 AM
    Saturday, August 25, 2018 9:07 AM
  • Were looking the wrong way. Of cause is there a way to do it with sets and transistion :)

Thanks a lot!

Monday, August 27, 2018 5:37 AM