none
IE version still shows 9 after upgrading to 11 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi..

After upgrading to IE 11 from IE 9 with all prerequisite patches, I still see IE 9 outlined when i look for the version of it by clicking on About internet explorer, whereas when i look for registry key version "HKLM/software/Microsoft/Internet Explorer" it shows 9.11.9600.18282 which to my knowledge refers to IE 11.

In order to resolve the issue i tried removing IE 11 completely by executing below command which did not help

FORFILES /P %WINDIR%\servicing\Packages /M Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-*11.*.mum /c "cmd /c echo Uninstalling package @fname && start /w pkgmgr /up:@fname /norestart"

Along with it i tried following things to resolve the issue which did not help as well

- Uninstalled IE 11 patches and IE 11 itself from add/remove features

- Ran sfc /scannow

- Ran Update readiness tool

After doing above, when i again install IE 11 it still shows IE 9 as shown in below images.

Any suggestions....

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 4:16 PM

Answers

• - Ran Update readiness tool

CheckSUR is as much a diagnostic as a repair.  What do its logs show?

However, it looks as if the only thing wrong is the graphic.  E.g. everything else shows 11.  To try to track down the source of the graphic I would use ProcMon or maybe just ProcExp. 

Also, depending on how you did your subsequent maintenance, I think there may be another discrepancy:  the last update shown is for April.  Have you tried getting the one for June?  Perhaps these discrepancies would be resolved by doing that.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Saturday, June 25, 2016 2:55 PM
    Answerer

All replies