none
Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter RRS feed

• Question

• I have a toshiba laptop and I am setting up a netis modem/router I have gotten almost got it installed. I have windows 7 64 bit. The last thing I need is to set up microsoft teredo tunneling adapter states broken. How can I install or reinstall this feature so I can get this connected? I appreciate any help as I am very frustrated with not being able to use my new better router. 

Friday, February 6, 2015 8:31 PM

Answers

• BL

The only reason to install tunneling is if you have a printer that needs it.  Tunneling affects very little else.  What is the specific problem you are having?

This is a known problem if Zone alarm is installed.  If you have it installed remove it at least to check
    To turn off Teredo tunneling interface 6to4 open an elevated command prompt and type
    netsh interface terredo set state disabled.
    To Re-install it
    1. Click on Start.
    2. Type Device Manager in search box and open it.
    3. Click the Action tab at the top and click add legacy hardware
      then click next and next again it will then scan and find nothing click next on the screen after that.
      Wait a minute and you will see a list of hardware appear, scroll down and choose network adapters then click next, then from the left column choose Microsoft then in the right hand column scroll down and choose Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter, then click next and this will install it.
      To check just make sure it is set to show hidden devices, right click on device manager on the right and click view then show hidden devices.
    If there is no "add legacy hardware" option, you need to plug in the device that uses tunneling.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Saturday, February 7, 2015 4:06 PM

All replies

• BL

The only reason to install tunneling is if you have a printer that needs it.  Tunneling affects very little else.  What is the specific problem you are having?

This is a known problem if Zone alarm is installed.  If you have it installed remove it at least to check
    To turn off Teredo tunneling interface 6to4 open an elevated command prompt and type
    netsh interface terredo set state disabled.
    To Re-install it
    1. Click on Start.
    2. Type Device Manager in search box and open it.
    3. Click the Action tab at the top and click add legacy hardware
      then click next and next again it will then scan and find nothing click next on the screen after that.
      Wait a minute and you will see a list of hardware appear, scroll down and choose network adapters then click next, then from the left column choose Microsoft then in the right hand column scroll down and choose Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter, then click next and this will install it.
      To check just make sure it is set to show hidden devices, right click on device manager on the right and click view then show hidden devices.
    If there is no "add legacy hardware" option, you need to plug in the device that uses tunneling.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Saturday, February 7, 2015 4:06 PM
  • There is an exclamation point on my COMPUTER in DEVICES AND PRINTERS.  There is NO exclamation mark on the Teredo Tunneling Device listed in my DEVICE MANAGER.  Troubleshooting said I needed to install a driver for Teredo Tunneling Adapter.  So I followed your instructions, removed the old Teredo Tunneling Adapter in the list and installed a new Teredo Tunneling Adapter. Message that came with the new installed adapter states:  "This device cannot start. (Code 10)."  So, there STILL is an exclamation mark on my computer icon in DEVICES AND PRINTERS, and my computer is not communicating with my CANON printer.  The printer works fine manually and is wireless. My computer works fine, too.  BUT I CANNOT PRINT FROM MY COMPUTER until I solve this problem  PLEASE HELP!   
    Wednesday, September 9, 2015 2:33 AM
  • I eventually downloaded windows all over again from scratch. Also double check your printer doesn't have any updates. My printer stops a lot do to updates not installed. I could not fix my computer until I redownloaded my windows program and entered my product code from bottom of computer to start fresh just back up and save on external drive.

Joanne Policastro

Wednesday, September 9, 2015 4:27 PM
  • so what do i do if when clicking the action tab it just says help.....
    Monday, September 5, 2016 10:05 PM
  • For me Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface  is not listed under add legacy hardware (WIN10)
    • Edited by huffmanjohn Friday, September 28, 2018 2:15 PM
    Friday, September 28, 2018 2:15 PM