Sansa Clip shows no eject option. RRS feed

• Question

• When I remove my Sansa Clip+ from my pc, the pc is unresponsive for ~2 minutes.  When I click on the triangle in the notification area to eject it, the device doesn't show up at all, so that method does not seem to work for me in Windows 7 with the Sansa Clip+.

The device does show on "devices and Printers, but right click has no eject option.
    I understand that in MSC mode, it is safe to remove without 'eject', but I would like to find a way around losing the PC for 2 minutes.  I looked at other similar posts and their solutions were not appropriate for this question.
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 2:19 PM

Answers

• Please temporary disable the antivirus and check the result. If the issue persists, follow the steps below to reinstall USB controllers.

Use the Mouse
    =============
    First, please disconnect all USB devices and then perform the following steps:

1. Click "Start", type in Device Manager the Search bar and press "Enter". Click Continue if necessary.
    2. In Device Manager, double click to expand "Universal Serial Bus controllers", right click on the "Host Controller", click "Uninstall" and click "OK".
    3. Repeat the step 2 to uninstall all items under "Universal Serial Bus controllers".

Then, restart your computer and Windows Vista will reinstall all USB controllers automatically.

Use the Keyboard
    =============
    First, please disconnect all USB devices. Then, go through the following steps:

1. Press "Ctrl + Esc" to open the Start Menu.
    2. Type Device Manager in the Search bar and press "Enter". Click Continue if necessary.
    3. In Device Manger, press Tab and use "Up" and "Down" to move the highlight to "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".
    4. Press "Right" and expand it.
    5. Press "Down" to move to the first item and press "Delete" to remove it.
    6. Repeat the step 5 and uninstall all items under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".

Then, restart your computer and check the result.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Tuesday, January 25, 2011 6:56 AM
    Friday, January 14, 2011 2:43 AM