Exchange 2003 Highest Growth Reports RRS feed

• Question

• Using SCOM 2007 R2 with the Exchange 2003 SP2 Management Pack.  All reports work perfectly except for the two 'Highest Growth' reports.  When I attempt to run these, they immediately fail with the following error:

An error has occurred during report processing.
    Query execution failed for data set 'GroupProperties'.
    Incorrect syntax near ','.

I have tried reimporting the management pack, but same result/error when attempting to run the two 'Highest Growth' reports.  Any ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    J_V

Monday, January 25, 2010 5:31 PM

Answers

• Did you upgrade to this version of the MAnagemnet Pack? I believe there were some previous solutions that worked around bugs in the MP that would allow you to collect and see the data. The upgrade to the Management Pack was not compatible with those workarounds. If you did upgrade and do the workarounds earlier, you may need to delete and re-import the Management Pack.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
    Friday, February 5, 2010 1:53 AM

All replies

• Hi, ensure that you run the reports as follows (see the MP Guide for more details)

The targed object class name should be: Exchange Database Storage (this is when you run the report)
    Ensure that the following rules are enabled: "Performance Collection Rule to Collect Mailbox Statistics - Top Mailbox by Size" and "Performance Collection Rule to Collect Public Folder Statistics - Public Folder by Size"

Note that these rules run daily, so you need to wait a couple of days to see any data.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
    Monday, January 25, 2010 10:20 PM
  • Good morning,

Thanks for the reply!  I verified everything that you asked, but to no avail.  The 'Highest Growth' reports still fail immediately with the above mentioned error.  The strange thing is that the 'Top 100 MB's/PF's by Size' reports run perfectly, but it is just the 'Highest Growth' reports which are failing.  Any other possible ideas?

Thanks!
    J_V

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 12:55 PM
  • Did you upgrade to this version of the MAnagemnet Pack? I believe there were some previous solutions that worked around bugs in the MP that would allow you to collect and see the data. The upgrade to the Management Pack was not compatible with those workarounds. If you did upgrade and do the workarounds earlier, you may need to delete and re-import the Management Pack.
    Friday, February 5, 2010 1:53 AM