IEAK 11 for Windows 10? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have to deploy internet-options to our new PCs. I have found the IEAK 11 but I am not sure it is possible to use it for our PCs. The operating system is Windows 10 x64pro.

Can I use it? On download-site of Microsoft I read that only Windows 7 and 8 are supported.

Thank you for your help!

Best regards

Udo

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 6:48 PM

Answers

• Hi Udo, 

Thank you for your question. 

In my opinion, you could install IEAK 11 on Windows 10, because IE 11 has been built in Windows 10. So IEAK will be supported in Windows 10 without any problems.

If there are any questions regarding this issue, please be free to let me know. 

Best Regard, 

Jim

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, August 27, 2015 5:35 AM

All replies

• Hi Udo, 

Thank you for your question. 

In my opinion, you could install IEAK 11 on Windows 10, because IE 11 has been built in Windows 10. So IEAK will be supported in Windows 10 without any problems.

If there are any questions regarding this issue, please be free to let me know. 

Best Regard, 

Jim

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, August 27, 2015 5:35 AM
  • IEAK will not install on Windows 10, I've already tried installing the package I made for 8.1. I can't create a Windows 10 package because the option isn't available. Is there an update to IEAK?

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Thursday, October 8, 2015 2:27 PM
  • OK, problem solved.

Use the Windows 8.1 platform but create a "configuration-only package", DO NOT create a full installation package.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

• Proposed as answer by Dan_Vega Thursday, October 8, 2015 4:31 PM
    Thursday, October 8, 2015 4:31 PM