none
Custom Field Data Missing After Save/Publish - Project Server 2010 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi All, 

    The Project Server I work on is experiencing weird behavior where some of the data entered in a custom field gets wiped out after a save or publish. This problem doesn't occur every time, and i'm having trouble finding any pattern to it occurring. For the tasks with missing data, the standard fields do not lose any information, only the enterprise custom fields we are using. Also, it is usually not every task that loses the custom field data, but the majority do.

    One thing I have noticed is that one of the impacted files lost the custom field data only for tasks that have a remaining duration. Completed tasks maintained all data correctly, but most of the fields that still had work remaining lost the custom field data. Also, the data that goes missing was not entered recently, for a lot of the tasks they have not changed in at least a few weeks. 

    Has anyone else encountered this issue? We are using MS Project Server 2010, SQL Server 2008 for our reporting DB, and Sharepoint 2010, and MS Project Professional 2010. The server is on SP1. 

    Thank you for the help. This problem has been driving us crazy the past few weeks, it's very frustrating to have to constantly reenter data or upload a local version every time the data goes missing. 



    • Edited by cmar12 Thursday, March 21, 2013 1:09 PM title edit
    Wednesday, March 20, 2013 6:19 PM

All replies

  • I have seen this happen with projects that were originally created using Project 2007 or 2003.  In such cases, I found no way to reliably fix the problem, other than creating a new schedule in Project 2010.

    Reid McTaggart – DeltaBahn Vice President
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can help other community members reading the thread.

    Tuesday, April 2, 2013 1:41 PM