Unable to Switch Users RRS feed

• Question

• I have Windows 7 Enterprise, 64bit OS. SP1 and completely up to date on MS patches. Using Domain, DC Servers 2008 R2.

Windows is not allowing switching users. The option is available, the process being followed is:

CTRL+ALT+DEL to switch users, enter the credentials of another user (local admin, or anyone else) and then try to logon. Error gerenated:

Logon denied. Only one session is allowed. <username> is logged onto this machine. This user must log off of this machine before you can log on.

I have reviewed all other forum posts i could find, and i have access to the domain group policy. We do not control Fast User switching through policy at all (in fact it works on some of our older machines). There was no entry in the registry for HideFastUserSwitching, so I created one, and set to 0. This has had no effect. 

Can anyone suggest any other ideas to get this working?

Many thanks

Monday, June 30, 2014 11:32 AM

Answers

• Windows is not allowing switching users. The option is available, the process being followed is:

Hi,

Would you please provide an picture for this error message. As we all know, when Fast User Switching policy was enabled, the Switch User option would disappear from logon screen.

I doubt your policy maybe not update successfully. Please try to use command gpupdate /force for test.

If problem persists, try to leave domain and rejoin your computer to domain again for test.

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Yolanda Zhu Monday, July 7, 2014 9:28 AM
    Tuesday, July 1, 2014 6:53 AM