none
Storsimple design/licensing questions RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I have read the online docs, but I still have some questions:

1. How does the pricing for the Storsimple actually works? What I understand from the website that you actually get it for free but you need to purchase a 2 year licence of 50 or 100 TB?
    2. The Virtual Device is probably not included in the license? Meaning that I would actually pay for a normal Azure vm with the included storage in order to have this Virtual Device?
    3. Question 3 actually could cause me to pay double for the storage? The storage for the Storsimple and the same storage that is located in azure for the Virtual Device?
    4. Deduplication works on a per container basis or on per a whole device? 
    5. Is the storage that is written to Azure also stored in a deduplicated form in Azure. The Virtual Device and the azure storage for the physical storesimple.
    6. In what ways can I used as a backup target? I think only as a LUN presented to a backup server right? I am aware of the backup possibilities, but I do not have the data stored on the Storesimple itself.
    7. It does not look as if I can scale a Storesimple out. So if I am growing over the years then it could be that the performance will drop because it needs to retrieve more and more from azure?

Thanks!

Friday, February 27, 2015 12:10 PM