Security Center popup- How to set the AntiVirus message RRS feed

• Question

• I have created an AntiVirus for windows, and I need to know how to change or set the AntiVirus message in the 'Security Center' popup.

My AntiVirus has full access to privilege / protected system files, and It can modify any file if required. If there is an easier way like a specific API that I can use, please describe them.

Thursday, May 2, 2013 5:58 PM

Answers

• I already found out how to change the antivirus status in the "Security Center".

It took me a day, but now it's perfect. Now the Security Center recognizes my antivirus and my firewall too.

• Marked as answer by IvoCarvalho Saturday, May 11, 2013 9:08 AM
    Friday, May 10, 2013 5:14 PM

All replies

• What message do you currently see?
    Thursday, May 2, 2013 7:15 PM
  • I see this message: "The antivirus xxx might be out of date" (the message refers to an antivirus that was uninstalled)

I would like to set this information but for my own antivirus, so that the user knows he is protected by the correct antivirus.

Thursday, May 2, 2013 7:49 PM
  • delete the remain of AV from registry and check program files if the folder still exists. Also, check the services, disable and stop the service if you still see it. Lastly, clean your system using a 3rd party tool that cleans app.

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, May 3, 2013 11:53 AM
  • I'm looking to update the Antivirus message in the Security Center. I want it to show my AntiVirus as Enabled and up-to-date.
    Friday, May 3, 2013 1:04 PM
  • what if you use a third party app? Status id fine in security center?

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, May 10, 2013 3:48 PM
  • I already found out how to change the antivirus status in the "Security Center".

It took me a day, but now it's perfect. Now the Security Center recognizes my antivirus and my firewall too.

• Marked as answer by IvoCarvalho Saturday, May 11, 2013 9:08 AM
    Friday, May 10, 2013 5:14 PM
  • Please mark this question as "Answered" if you're done.

Saturday, May 11, 2013 6:55 AM
  • Hi Matrixino 1001,

I also want my self developed Antivirus also recognize by Action center how we will do that?

Monday, January 11, 2016 12:30 PM