WORD DOCUMENT INSERTED PICTURES SHOW UP ALMOST BLACK AFTER CLOSING AND REOPENING DOCUMENT RRS feed

• Question

• everytime i close a word document and reopen it, the pictures i had inserted and looked fine before closing, upon reopening the pictures are almost black...there is just a hint of what the picture is.
    Friday, January 11, 2019 12:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Maybe you provide more information to help me  analyze the issue for you:

• What version is the Office that you are using?

Tips:

For Windows: Open Word, create a blank file and click File > Account. If you don't see Account,  select Help from the list on the left. Under Product Information, you'll find your Office product name. For more information, such as the bit-version, choose About Word.

For Mac: Open Word and create a new document. Go to the Word menu and choose About Word. In the dialog box that opens, you can see the version number as well as the license type.

• How did you insert the pictures into Word documents? Please describe this in detail.
    • Does the issue always occur when you reopen a document after you insert any pictures into a document?  Please create a blank document in Word, insert different pictures into it. Will the issue still occur?
    • Will this problem occur with images in a specific format? If you convert these images to different format, will the issue still occur?
    • What do you mean by ’the pictures are almost black , there is just a hint of what the picture is’? Could you share a screenshot here to help me define the issue?

Please try to save the document in a different format (type) to check if the picture would show up properly. To help me better analyze the issue, you can also remove the personal information from the document, then send the problem documents and original images as attachment files to the following mailbox that we use to collect the information: GBSD TN Office Information Collection ibsofc@microsoft.com .Please attach this link to the post in the subject of the email to help us differentiate messages. I will check the document for further analysis.        

If you have any questions or updates, feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,

Herb Gu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Monday, January 14, 2019 9:13 AM
  • Hi,

Have you resolved the issue? I'm looking forward to your response. If you have any additions, or updates, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 1:08 AM
  • Hi Kater,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?

If my reply is helpful to this question, please remember to mark it as answer. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Herb

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 12:28 PM