Deleted User Account, Can't Uninstall RRS feed

• Question

• Ok, so I deleted a user account on my computer and on it is where I had initally installed Windows Steady State. Now, my computer is saying that the program is still installed on it, yet I am unable to uninstall because it's not listed in Add/Remove programs and I can't find it anywhere in my computer. I tried removing it by goin to run and using the regedit, but I get the error message "access denied", yet I'm the admin..

Any help / advice is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Wednesday, January 6, 2010 9:35 PM

Answers

• Hi, I'd like to inform you that Windows SteadyState only displays in Add/Remove Programs in the user that you used to install SteadyState. Therefore, I suggest you first log on the user that you used to install SteadyState, then check if it is displayed in Add/Remove Programs. Please make sure that you disable all restrictions in SteadyState before uninstalling it.

Hope this helps!
    Sean Zhu - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Thursday, January 14, 2010 6:27 AM
    Friday, January 8, 2010 3:40 AM

All replies

• Hi, I'd like to inform you that Windows SteadyState only displays in Add/Remove Programs in the user that you used to install SteadyState. Therefore, I suggest you first log on the user that you used to install SteadyState, then check if it is displayed in Add/Remove Programs. Please make sure that you disable all restrictions in SteadyState before uninstalling it.

Hope this helps!
    Sean Zhu - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Thursday, January 14, 2010 6:27 AM
    Friday, January 8, 2010 3:40 AM
  • Did you delete the files associated with the account?  If not, could you add the account back in to see if it accesses the files?
    Friday, January 8, 2010 12:04 PM