Intellisense - very slow and laggy with many queries present RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I really love using Intellisense for Power Query.

but in my Excel files with 20+ queries it gets very laggy - typing one character can freeze the editor up to 10 seconds, which is very frustrating.

In one post I have read that it is caused by continuous re-caching of all the query names and its steps.

The solution would be to disable Intellisense but I really don't want to loose all its capabilities as it makes writing own M-code a peace of cake experience.

I was wondering if you guys have a similar experience?

And I would like to propose to optimize the Intellisense performance or to add an option to disable continuous re-caching of all the query names and its steps.

Warm regards,

Jakub Dušek

• Edited by jakub dusek Wednesday, September 2, 2020 11:41 PM
    Wednesday, September 2, 2020 11:41 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you are hitting issues. We do plan to overhaul our intellisense implementation, which should include some significant performance improvements. Those changes are still a few months away, but we're working on it! 

In the meantime, if you have a workbook with terrible intellisense performance and you are able to share it, feel free to send it to me (matt.masson at microsoft ). We can use it as part of our validation testing. 

Thanks,

~Matt

Tuesday, September 22, 2020 7:38 PM

All replies

• same experience, I have just stopped using it.
    Thursday, September 3, 2020 5:43 AM
  • Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you are hitting issues. We do plan to overhaul our intellisense implementation, which should include some significant performance improvements. Those changes are still a few months away, but we're working on it! 

In the meantime, if you have a workbook with terrible intellisense performance and you are able to share it, feel free to send it to me (matt.masson at microsoft ). We can use it as part of our validation testing. 

Thanks,

~Matt

Tuesday, September 22, 2020 7:38 PM
  • Hello Matt,

I sent you an email. Hope you can reproduce the issue.

Warm regards,

Jakub

Friday, November 6, 2020 10:38 AM