none
I need help with masterpages

Question

• Hello Everyone,

I have a lite confussion over here with my Sharepoint Online configuration. The situation is this: I have a root site Collection at mysite.sharepoint.com (my root site). This site has "manage site features/SharePoint Server Publishing" deactivated and "site Collection feature/SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure" activated. Then I have two sub team sites under this root site (site 1 and site 2).

My goal is to use two different master page for each subsite (site 1 <- master page 1 / site 2 <- master page 2) but I can't activate "manage site features/SharePoint Server Publishing" in these subsites. I get an error message telling me that Content type xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx not found.

How can I activate the master page selection feature in the sub sites or as a workaround, how can I use diferent master pages for each sub site?

Greetings!!!!

Thursday, April 20, 2017 8:38 PM

Answers

• To apply any customization related to master page you should enable the publishing features. And you should enable the publishing feature in the sub sites as well.

After you activate the publishing feature, go to site settings -> Look and Feel section -> Master Page option. Choose the specify a master page... option and select your required one.

If you having an issue with activation of publishing feature, post the full error message will helps us to give right answer.

• Marked as answer by Americo2014 Friday, April 21, 2017 11:25 AM
    Thursday, April 20, 2017 10:07 PM

All replies

• To apply any customization related to master page you should enable the publishing features. And you should enable the publishing feature in the sub sites as well.

After you activate the publishing feature, go to site settings -> Look and Feel section -> Master Page option. Choose the specify a master page... option and select your required one.

If you having an issue with activation of publishing feature, post the full error message will helps us to give right answer.

• Marked as answer by Americo2014 Friday, April 21, 2017 11:25 AM
    Thursday, April 20, 2017 10:07 PM
  • Thanks I gona givit a try this evening!!!

Friday, April 21, 2017 11:25 AM