Communication lost - Same installation, same version of client (.exe), but client has different configuration in Configuration Manager properties RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I can't understand how I get the following different between old and newly installed client. On the left side it is the original client configuration and on the right side it is what client gets after installing the same version of CCMSETUP.EXE (5.00.7958.1000) with SCCM 2012 R2.

Differences noticed:

-Catalog's name (in Software center) are different. New client has "IT Ogarnization" as name for their catalog.

-Configuration Manager Properties for new client doesn't have "Configurations" Tab.

-Many Components status in the components tab are different: CCM Notification Agent, Compliance and Settings Managment, Hardware Inventory Agent, Out of Band Mangement Agent...

With all this, I can't send Windows updates or any applications to ANY clients. The client status in the monitoring deployment always shows "Unknown". 

I don't think it is on the client side, because I return to older VMware snapshot and see the different, after uninstalled and re-installed the SCCM agent, I get the new "problematic" client configuration.

Any suggestion to resolve my problem? Thank you in advance.

bsuperkid

• Edited by bsuperkid Tuesday, April 28, 2015 3:20 PM
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 3:16 PM

Answers

• Since no one has answer this post, I recommend opening  a support case with Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS) as they can work with you to solve this problem.

Garth Jones | My blogs: Enhansoft and Old Blog site | Twitter: @GarthMJ

• Proposed as answer by Garth JonesMVP Saturday, August 29, 2015 3:50 PM
    • Marked as answer by Garth JonesMVP Saturday, October 17, 2015 2:26 PM
    Saturday, August 29, 2015 3:50 PM

All replies

• That's generally indicative of a communication failure. Have you reviewed clientidstartupmanager.log, clientlocation.log, and locationservices.log on the client?

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 3:53 PM
  • Here the all three logs. Sorry to give them like that but I think it is best way to let you take a look. I did change some name and reference to hide my environment. 

Also, I don't know if there a link with my problem, but I guess so.

- I noticed in Monitoring\System Status\Components Status\"Warning SMS_WSUS_SYNC_MANAGER", the following message (ID 6703):

WSUS Synchronization failed.

Source:

Microsoft.SystemsManagementServer.SoftwareUpdatesManagement.WsusSyncAction.WSyncAction.SyncWSUS.

- I noticed in Monitoring\System Status\Components Status\ "Warning SMS_AD_SYSTEM_DISCOVERY_AGENT", the following message (ID 5203):

Active Directory System Discovery Agent reported errors for 2074 objects. DDRs were generated for 0 objects that had errors while reading non-critical properties. DDRs were not generated for 2074 objects that had errors while reading critical properties.

Possible cause: The site server might not have access to some properties of this object. The container specified might not have the properties available.

Solution: Please verify the Active Directory schema for properties that are not replicated or locked. Refer to the discovery logs for more information.

I'll upload a print screen of all three logs files. If you need it in text format, I'll upload them as the code Block.

Thank you again!

bsuperkid

• Edited by bsuperkid Tuesday, April 28, 2015 10:36 PM
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 9:38 PM
  • Here the print screen

ClientIDManagerStartup.log

ClientLocation.log (NO error message)

bsuperkid

• Edited by bsuperkid Tuesday, April 28, 2015 10:24 PM
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015 9:52 PM
  • LocationServices.log

(... )

bsuperkid

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 9:58 PM
  • I found an other post ... talking about the same issue I have, but there are no solution proposed.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5f0b5df3-96a0-4bb4-b6c8-46a8e8669a51/sccm-2012-client-issues?forum=configmanagerapps

Today I realize that the ClientLocation.log show the client trying to switch from one Management Point (MP) ... From MP1 to MP2 and then MP2 to MP1, then MP-->MP1???

The message look like:

bsuperkid

• Edited by bsuperkid Thursday, April 30, 2015 2:33 PM
    Thursday, April 30, 2015 2:00 PM
  • Yes, I know this is an old post, but I’m trying to clean them up. Did you solve this problem, if so what was the solution?

BTW, your screenshots are so small they are impossible to read.

Saturday, July 25, 2015 2:06 PM
  • Since no one has answer this post, I recommend opening  a support case with Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS) as they can work with you to solve this problem.

• Proposed as answer by Garth JonesMVP Saturday, August 29, 2015 3:50 PM
    • Marked as answer by Garth JonesMVP Saturday, October 17, 2015 2:26 PM
    Saturday, August 29, 2015 3:50 PM
  • HI did you resolve this if so can you please advise the issue as I have the exact same issue

Friday, September 11, 2015 8:25 AM
  • I resolved my own issue like this - after trying everything else, short of calling microsoft, I finally fixed 2 clients that were stubbornly NOT enabling ccm notification agent, and hence not communicating properly with the MP - my fix was to open the ccmsetup folder in c:\windows and re-install the CU3 patch that downloads along with my ccmclient install files configmgr2012ac-r2-kb2994331-x64, this immediately fixed my problems. this patch is supposed to install during the OSD task sequence, and I believe it does, because the client version reflects the CU3 patch level after OSD is done. I can't explain why this works, and maybe it won't be other peoples' fix.
    • Proposed as answer by Terry South Saturday, October 17, 2015 3:27 AM
    Saturday, October 17, 2015 3:27 AM
  • "this patch is supposed to install during the OSD task"

This is not something ConfigMgr does automatically, are you using the PATCH property?

Also, you really should think about getting up to CU5 or better yet, SP1.

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com | @jasonsandys

Saturday, October 17, 2015 2:09 PM