SCOM 2007 R2: Run As Account does not exist on the target system or does not have enough permissions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have a bizarre instance of this error which I do not see mentioned in any of the other forum topics.  The full text of the error is: 

Management Group: XXXX. Script: GetSQL2008DBFilesFreeSpace.vbs : Cannot login to database [XXXX.FQDN][SQL3:RollbackSnapshotTempDB{9756F79A-5680-49AE-B37A-2DD63985764E}] 

The SCOM agent is running under the local system account, and this account has sysadmin rights on the SQL instance.  We've checked the permissions along with our DBA and all appears fine; incidentally we have 7 SQL instances all configured in the same way and we have only received this error on the one.

What we can't understand is which database in particular is being targeted by the script and generates this error.  According to the text of the alert, it seems to be a DB called "RollbackSnapshotTempDB"?  However, we don't have a DB by that name anywhere on the instance.  I've looked in the event logs but can't find any other way to dig deeper and confirm exactly which DB is being targeted and generating this alert.  

Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Many thanks in advance!
    G

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 5:58 PM

Answers

All replies