ForceOSTPath not fully working bug? Office 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys

I have small SSD and would like to point my .ost files to D drive, used ForceOSTPath on registry to set the location for them

1) works perfect with exchange / msn / hotmail accounts

2) when adding a gmail account via imap stores the .ost on my C drive ignoring the overriding setting

Can you check this for me? Am I doing something wrong? thanks!

Thanks

Thursday, April 13, 2017 10:14 PM

All replies

• 2) when adding a gmail account via imap stores the .ost on my C drive ignoring the overriding setting

Can you check this for me? Am I doing something wrong? thanks!

Please note that, beginning with Outlook 2013, IMAP and EAS *.ost files honor the ForcePSTPath key, not ForceOSTPath even though the data file extension is *.ost.

So try to also add the ForcePSTPath key, then recreate the IMAP account and download all mail again.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 14, 2017 4:50 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 24, 2017 1:07 PM
  • I'm using Win10 Office 2016 and am attempting to apply the ForceOSTPath solution by running the Microsoft fix utility but its reporting i don't have the required product, Office 2013 installed. Any suggestions?
    Monday, January 8, 2018 2:15 AM
  • I had the exact same issue, with Gmail only but adding both keys did the trick - THANKS! 

Saturday, March 31, 2018 6:33 PM
  • Thank you! I completely forgot about this and it was driving me crazy!
    Saturday, March 7, 2020 5:15 AM