SMS_SITE_COMPONENT_MANAGER and Remote SQL Cluster RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I have ConfigMgr 2012 SP1 installed using a remote SQL cluster for the database. The cluster is a 5 node cluster (sql-node-1 to sql-node-5) running multiple instances so my install is pointed at the cluster network name resource and instance (sql-cluster-1\instance1). Everything is working correctly and ConfigMgr has even identified the individual nodes that make up the cluster.

The only problem I have is that SMS_SITE_COMPONENT_MANAGER is now alerting that it could not configure sql-cluster-1 to receive Configuration Manager Server Components and my site is showing as either Warning or Critical all the time (depending on thresholds).

Can someone tell me how I can either stop Site Component Manager from trying to perform this install every hour or, even better, how I can get it to understand that there is no physical hardware using the sql-cluster-1 account and its just a virtual name.

Friday, March 22, 2013 3:21 PM

All replies

• Does the ConfigMgr site server have local admin permissions on each and every cluster node?

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com

Friday, March 22, 2013 3:45 PM
  • I think so, and its installed component monitor successfully on the physical nodes its just the cluster network name that it keeps trying to install on even though there is nothing there apart from an AD computer account and a DNS alias

Friday, March 22, 2013 3:47 PM