Web Professional Install RRS feed

• Question

• I am looking for some guidance on how to go about installing Web Professional on workstation.  Our workstation setup is fairly simple.

Workstation Setup

Windows XP SP 3

Users are not a members of the Local Administrators group

So what I thought to do was deploy the Web Professional and Download Manager via a group policy so that way users will be able to install the software.  Is this a good idea or is there a better option?

As, if I have a hotfix and the Download Manager is installed, will the client automatically get the hotfix installed or will they need to install it?  If it is required that it would need to be installed what is the best option to go about it since users do not have local administrator rights?

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Monday, May 3, 2010 6:21 PM

Answers

• Hi spilmanr.  The only way I'm aware of to silently install Web Pro, the Download Manager .dll and a ProClarity service pack silently is to create your own installation package to deploy.

Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Flanagan Wednesday, June 30, 2010 4:20 PM
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 10:34 PM

All replies

• Or maybe a better option would be to virtualize it?
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 4:07 PM
  • Hi spilmanr.  The only way I'm aware of to silently install Web Pro, the Download Manager .dll and a ProClarity service pack silently is to create your own installation package to deploy.

Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Flanagan Wednesday, June 30, 2010 4:20 PM
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 10:34 PM