none
IE11 on Windows 10 - Only New Tab with my News Feeds showing. RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to get IE 11 to open a blank tab when I click on New Tab but it will only open a new tab page with my news feed. When I follow the instructions to change the tab and click on the drop down, there are no other options (nothing else appears when clicking the drop down arrow).

I have reset IE back to defaults (in Advanced Settings), reset to default settings (in General) but nothing seems to allow me to reset IE to get this functionality back.

Any ideas?

Sunday, January 28, 2018 6:23 PM

All replies

• I am trying to get IE 11 to open a blank tab when I click on New Tab but it will only open a new tab page with my news feed.

A blank tab is equivalent to URL = about:blank  so one way would be to have that as your first Home page and then use the New tab option which says "Open first home page".  

Your question has made me check if the functionality had changed but New tab still offers Blank page and it still opens about:blank as expected.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Sunday, January 28, 2018 7:44 PM
    Answerer
  • Hello,

I ran into this problem on a number of PC's, and usually the extra options appeared after a reboot.

On a new PC today, I noticed the reboot doesn't help anymore.

However, I discovered that the Up and Down arrow keys will still walk to the other options and allow you to select them. So it appears it is a display issue rather than the options not being there.

Wednesday, December 19, 2018 11:48 AM