Default Proofing not installed and I can't find where to get it. RRS feed

• Question

• My spell checker will not work in MS Office 2010.  When I check the >File>opetions>language panel I find that there is no default language proffing installed.

Talked to Dell, they said to rerun the MS Office 2010 trial version then use my activation key to update it.  I did.  No change.  I went to the MS site linked to that page in >languages "Office 2010 Language Options". selected English, there is a note that I may already have that language--which seems logical as I can't see someone selling me a word processor without a spell checker.  The download there did not change my system.

Is there some way I can have a spell checker in Word 2010?

Thanks

Monday, January 17, 2011 6:31 PM

Answers

• See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm

Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,
    dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Posted via the Community Bridge

"mystical_tutor" wrote in message news:f8d9917a-4798-47a6-8417-444e2628aa84@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

My spell checker will not work in MS Office 2010.  When I check the  >File>opetions>language panel I find that there is no default language proffing installed.

Talked to Dell, they said to rerun the MS Office 2010 trial version then use my activation key to update it.  I did.  No change.  I went to the MS site linked to that page in >languages "Office 2010 Language Options". selected English, there is a note that I may already have that language--which seems logical as I can't see someone selling me a word processor without a spell checker.  The download there did not change my system.

Thanks

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    • Proposed as answer by Harry Yuan Wednesday, January 19, 2011 2:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jennifer Zhan Tuesday, February 8, 2011 7:45 AM
    Monday, January 17, 2011 10:11 PM

All replies

• See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm

Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,
    dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Posted via the Community Bridge

"mystical_tutor" wrote in message news:f8d9917a-4798-47a6-8417-444e2628aa84@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

My spell checker will not work in MS Office 2010.  When I check the  >File>opetions>language panel I find that there is no default language proffing installed.

Thanks

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    • Proposed as answer by Harry Yuan Wednesday, January 19, 2011 2:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jennifer Zhan Tuesday, February 8, 2011 7:45 AM
    Monday, January 17, 2011 10:11 PM
  • Hi Mystical,

I have a friend with the same problem, can you please explain how you fixed the problem. The link below has various options for 2007, which I will try, but would be easier if I could tell my friend which one fixes the issue.

They have a preloaded version of Office 2010 Home & Student which just required an activation key.

Thanks,

Mr Helpful (almost!) ;o)

Wednesday, April 6, 2011 10:41 PM