wish that email skips email addresses RRS feed

• Question

• Good day I work with general email box (call it email address X ) and with personal email addresses (call them A, B, C)

We gets mails send to general mailbox X and same time personal email addresses A,B,C are in copy

is their a way i can put a parameter or rule that when general mailbox X is in "to" or "CC" that the personal email boxes who are in copy as well, will not get that mail in their personal mailbox A,B,C ?

thank you

rgds

Geert

Monday, January 20, 2020 11:32 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Andy DavidMVP Wednesday, January 29, 2020 10:03 PM
    Wednesday, January 22, 2020 9:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This is neither possible through Outlook rule nor through Exchange Transport rules.

Thank you

Monday, January 20, 2020 11:42 AM
  • Hi Geert,

If your address is in CC line, you will definitely receive this email. However, if you would not like to see this message in your mailbox configured on Outlook client, please follow the steps below to create a rule to remove it.

1. In Outlook desktop client, click File > Rules and Alerts > New Rule... > Apply rule on messages I receive> Next.
    2. Select "where my name is in the Cc box" and "sent to people or public group", then click "people or public group" and type "Address X" > Next.
    3. Then select "delete it", you can choose “permanently delete it” if you don't even want to see it in your Deleted Items folder. Then select "stop processing more rules". Click Next > Next.
    4. Then you can name this rule and select "Run this rule now on messages already in 'Inbox'" if you like > Finish.
    5. Create this rule for all your personal mailbox A,B,C.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 2:17 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

• Marked as answer by Andy DavidMVP Wednesday, January 29, 2020 10:03 PM
    Wednesday, January 22, 2020 9:17 AM
  • thank you Aidan, it worked
    Wednesday, January 29, 2020 4:25 PM