none
Sudden slow domain log in from "all Win 7" workstations in a Server 2012 R2 domain.

Question

• We had a 2 domain controllers in a small network [2 servers running codomain function, 4 work staations]. We retired the Win 2003 DC and did a DC promo to the Win 2012 R2 DC. There was some initial issues with the DNS and DHCP initially. It was all sorted out [I think].<o:p></o:p>

The network was working fine for about a week to 10 days. Now for the past 2 days all the workstations [we have only 4] which run Win 7 are taking longer than usual to domain log in users. If the previous log in time was 30 seconds now it takes 1 minute. After Ct-Alt-Dlt, enter user name and password, you see a circle for almost 1 minute before you are able to log in to the desktop.<o:p></o:p>

Also when I log in to the Server 2012 R2 machine it takes a little longer for the user profile to load up [when the machine was initially set up, log in to the server will be fast, now it may have slowed down by 15 seconds, still faster than it takes to log in to the workstations.<o:p></o:p>

Any suggestions how to resolve this? Is it DHCP related? [I have checked all the work stations NIC and have pointed them with fixed IP address to the DNS/DHCP server [I have only 4 work stations]. Despite this there is sudden slowness for all users in all work stations.<o:p></o:p>

Thanks for your help.<o:p></o:p>

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 12:16 AM

Answers