none
Cannot Ping a Device (Laptop) Everytime After Changing Domain Password RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!!

Anybody can help me regarding the weird problem occurring on my boss laptop? WINDOWS 10 ver1809

After changing domain password I cannot PING his device, and as a result other bosses will complain they cannot access his shared folder.

What I do as a temporary measures:

1. Unjoin domain

2. execute below command:

ipconfig /flushdns

netsh winsock reset

3. Join back to domain

And everything's back to normal.

It happened the 4th time already.

I've already tried below troubleshooting solutions:

I check the host file, no problem.

I check if he have static IP Address, which is under DHCP.

I check NetBIOS setting, and is OK.

Turning OFF the firewall, still problem exists.

NOTE: I don't have any control of our Domain server.

Thanks.

Thursday, April 16, 2020 6:22 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for posting here!

Would you said change the domain password, do you mean change the password of the domain user name who login to the  device?
    Based on my understanding , the shared folder can't be accessed from anyone in the domain,right?
    Any errors logged in the event viewer after change the password?
    After changing the password,what's the result for the following command on the device: ipconfig /all > C:\dc1.txt
    Powershell COMMAND:Test-ComputerSecureChannel  
    If failed, try Reset the channel between the local computer and its domain by Powershell command :Test-ComputerSecureChannel -Repair
    And then try to check the result.

Best Regards,
    Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, April 16, 2020 8:02 AM
  • 

Thank you for the reply.

"Would you said change the domain password, do you mean change the password of the domain user name who login to the  device?" YES

"Based on my understanding , the shared folder can't be accessed from anyone in the domain,right?" NO. I mean the shared folder can be access & his device can be ping but after changing domain user password the device cannot be ping & the shared folder cannot be accessed.

"After changing the password,what's the result for the following command on the device: ipconfig /all > C:\dc1.txt" If you want to know if there are IP Address, YES, I can see it, that's why it's very weird.

Anyway my boss is currently out of the office today, I will send the result once his back at the office. 

Thanks.

• Edited by IT.Rainel Friday, April 17, 2020 3:01 AM
    Friday, April 17, 2020 12:25 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply .

Waiting for the updates.

Best Regards,

Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, April 17, 2020 8:09 AM
  • Hi,

I've been informed that our boss cannot recently report to office due to covid19 pandemic.

You can close these thread but I will open again once he will report back.

Thanks,

Rainel

Tuesday, April 21, 2020 7:44 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

Please feel free to let us know if you have any questions .

Fan

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 6:50 AM