Rule not working if email has multiple recipients, each satisfys different rule.... RRS feed

• Question

• I've been asked to create 2 mail rules to manage delivery to people inside the organization.  The difference between the rules is a courtesy notification.  The recipients are members of security groups (group1 and group2).  The recipient cannot be in both groups!

Rule 1: Delete message without notifying anyone and generate report (to me)

Rule 2: Reject the message with the explanation... and generate report (to me)

The rules work if mail my test accounts (Test1 and Test2) are sent individually
    Rule 1: I get the report
    Rule 2: I get NDR and report

The rules work with multiple recipients as long as only 1 rule is matched:
    Test1 + real user(s) or Test2 + real user(s)

Neither rule works if I send to both test accounts:
    Test1 & Test2

The Stop processing more rules box is unchecked.

Where else can I look to fix this?

TIA!!

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 8:25 PM

All replies

• It looks like it needed to "bake" a bit longer because the rules are working as expected.
    Tuesday, September 12, 2017 10:34 PM
  • Hi BDS,

In order to prevent the emergence of multiple rules apply to a message, the stop processing more rules box must be checked in one rule.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Niko.Cheng Wednesday, September 13, 2017 7:26 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Niko.Cheng Monday, September 18, 2017 8:44 AM
    Wednesday, September 13, 2017 7:25 AM
  • Hi BDS,

I'm just writing to check how's everything going? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 22, 2017 9:24 AM