How to enable remote desktop connections in Windows 10 home ? RRS feed

• Question

• My remote desktop connection dose not work.My windows 10 home migrated to original windows 8.1 .How can i solve this problem ? 
    Monday, February 22, 2016 5:22 PM

Answers

• I guess I am confused. Are you trying to set up remote desktop on Windows 10 after upgrading from 8.1?

Here is a feature matrix of Windows 10 versions. It doesn't look like remote desktop is available in Windows 10 Home Edition. To use Remote Desktop it appears that you will need to upgrade to Pro. Please correct me if I am wrong or confused about the question.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/WindowsForBusiness/Compare

Look under Existing Fundamentals and then find the remote desktop feature in the list. You will see the Remote Desktop is unchecked as a feature in the home version.

Please remember to select Mark as Answer if someone provides the answer or mark as helpful if the response helps to lead you in the right direction.

Monday, February 22, 2016 5:32 PM

All replies

• I guess I am confused. Are you trying to set up remote desktop on Windows 10 after upgrading from 8.1?

Here is a feature matrix of Windows 10 versions. It doesn't look like remote desktop is available in Windows 10 Home Edition. To use Remote Desktop it appears that you will need to upgrade to Pro. Please correct me if I am wrong or confused about the question.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/WindowsForBusiness/Compare

Look under Existing Fundamentals and then find the remote desktop feature in the list. You will see the Remote Desktop is unchecked as a feature in the home version.

Please remember to select Mark as Answer if someone provides the answer or mark as helpful if the response helps to lead you in the right direction.

Monday, February 22, 2016 5:32 PM
  • Hi Nasif Ahamad,

As told above, Windows 10 home edition doesn't have Remote Desktop Connection available.

You might need to install some 3rd-party software.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 5:50 AM