locked
Launching APP error 4513CDC-19D02C0A-10000002 on XP, Windows 7 works RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi There,

    I'm having some problems with APPV 4.5 and running into some problems.  I am in the process of rebuilding our Softgrid 4.2 Server to APPV 4.5 and updating all the packages to allow distribution to Windows 7 Clients.   The problem i run into is that on XP clients

    My Setup is as follows:

    Old 4.2 Server:
    - Win2k3 SP2
    - Softgrid 4.2
    - packages deployed by using UNC paths
    - %SFT_SOFTGRIDSERVER% is set using the ADM for 4.2

    New APPV 4.5 Server:
    - Win2k8 SP2
    - APPV 4.5
    - packages also deployed by UNC paths
    - %SFT_SOFTGRIDSERVER% is still set by the adm

    I have only got through 3 applications upgrades with the following process:
    - Open Package for upgrade using APPV Sequencing software from original 4.2 package (which works on XP 4.2 Clients)
    - Ensured Server URL was set correctly to RTSP %SFT_SOFTGRIDSERVER% 554 content
    - Added Windows 7 32-bit to package
    - Saved package to new APPV content share

    I setup the packages in the management console and published.  I have all the relevant shortcuts I expect on Windows 7 and XP both running the 4.5 Client. 

    On windows 7 the packages open fine, however on XP i get the following error.  See the below sftlog.txt for details of the error:

    [08/27/2009 10:21:53:040 JGSW ERR] {hap=7:app=Ancient Lands 1.0:tid=260:usr=peterggg}

    The Application Virtualization Client could not connect to stream URL 'RTSP://%SFT_SOFTGRIDSERVER%:554/content/ancient_lands_2.sft' (rc 19D02C0A-10000002, original rc 19D02C0A-10000002).





    [08/27/2009 10:21:53:040 SWAP ERR] {hap=7:app=Ancient Lands 1.0:tid=260:usr=peterggg}

    The client was unable to connect to an Application Virtualization Server (rc 19D02C0A-10000002)





    [08/27/2009 10:21:53:056 TRAY ERR] {tid=930:usr=pgigengack}

    The Application Virtualization Client could not launch Ancient Lands 1.0.



    The specified Application Virtualization Server could not be accessed. Try again in a few minutes. If the problem persists, report the following error code to your System Administrator.



    Error code: 4513CDC-19D02C0A-10000002



    Has anyone got any ideas or suggestions they can point me in the right direction?

    Peter
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 3:10 AM

Answers

  • The windows 7 log only had successful launches so the address of the rtsp server was not there.

    Either way solved the problem. 

    The VM i was using was added to the domain after reverting its snapshot and SFT_SOFTGRIDSERVER variable was put in via group policy successfully and the machine was able to read the variable correctly (eg ping %SFT_SOFTGRIDSERVER%), however the APP-V client did not resolve the variable until a reboot was done.  I was certain I had rebooted the VM.

    Feel like a bit of a fool, however it happens to the best of us.

    LOL @ ME
    • Marked as answer by PeterGGG Thursday, August 27, 2009 7:02 AM
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 7:01 AM

All replies

  • Hello,

    I assume that you would have to set this variable on your windows XP workstation;
    ://%SFT_SOFTGRIDSERVER%

    /Znack
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 3:58 AM
  • Hello,

    I assume that you would have to set this variable on your windows XP workstation;
    ://%SFT_SOFTGRIDSERVER%

    /Znack
    Correct.
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 4:24 AM
  • Hello,

    It should then be resolved within the log-file, which it isn't - so I would double check that.

    Try to compare it against the w7 machines log-file, and you should see the value and not the name...

    /Znack
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 4:46 AM
  • The windows 7 log only had successful launches so the address of the rtsp server was not there.

    Either way solved the problem. 

    The VM i was using was added to the domain after reverting its snapshot and SFT_SOFTGRIDSERVER variable was put in via group policy successfully and the machine was able to read the variable correctly (eg ping %SFT_SOFTGRIDSERVER%), however the APP-V client did not resolve the variable until a reboot was done.  I was certain I had rebooted the VM.

    Feel like a bit of a fool, however it happens to the best of us.

    LOL @ ME
    • Marked as answer by PeterGGG Thursday, August 27, 2009 7:02 AM
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 7:01 AM