Outlook 2016 - Tasks need to be in default folder for updates? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I just wanted to clarify something about tasks. As long as I can remember, if you create a new tasks folder and try to share it, it will give you an error that you will not receive updates because it's not in the default tasks folder. I haven't seen any updated Microsoft documentation on this. So, you can share another tasks folder, but if you want to receive updates, you must still keep the task in the default task folder, is this correct?

Monday, July 16, 2018 5:12 AM

Answers

• So, you can share another tasks folder, but if you want to receive updates, you must still keep the task in the default task folder, is this correct?

Hi jrmoat,

Based on my test, when you share another task folder and grant the recipient Editor permission, the task in your folder will be updated automatically. That is to say, for example, if the task in the folder is marked as completed by the other user you shared the folder with, you'll also see the task being marked as completed in your Outlook.

You may test on your own as well and see if it works properly in your environment.

Hope the above information can be helpful.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, July 16, 2018 8:51 AM