none
How can I only see English and Russian articles in the list of articles RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everybody,

I am thinking it may be a good idea to allow specifying filter by languages when viewing new articles. Say, when I click on TechNet articles, new, I see all articles created. I would prefer to be able to see only articles in the languages I don't need an automatic translations. So, I think we can add Language options into Settings (multi-select) and allow to have a filter for only selected languages.

What do you think about this idea?

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 5:30 PM

Answers

• Yes. This is in the works.

Right now we have four languages... English, Portuguese, Russian, and Chinese. Since we don't want to disclude any languages, we built a system for putting non-English articles on the Main/English Wiki.

You can filter English only by using the "en-US" tag and slicing by multiple tags. So you can find the T-SQL articles in English that contain videos (for example).

Second, you can search and include or exclude specific languages, by using the language codes.

The long-term goal is to get different instances of TechNet Wiki for each language, and then you would simply go to the language of your choice (this is how Wikipedia works, for example). So that's where we're headed.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Monday, June 10, 2013 9:30 PM
    Owner