Import CSS to Word 2010 Theme RRS feed

• Question

• We would like to be able to create an Office 2010 theme from our Website CSS.

Suggestions?

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 8:10 PM

Answers

• I am not completely sure what is being asked here but Office products have the ability to bring in templates by going to Page Layout > Themes > Browse to themes > select a theme that is the following format: .thmx, docx, xlsx, pptx, dotx, xltx, ppsx, docm, potx.

To create a theme, it is a good idea to know the following information from your website: the font style and font size, and the colors (RGB numbers will give a closer match).

Here is an article that explains how to apply and customize a theme:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/apply-customize-and-save-a-document-theme-in-word-or-excel-HA010354866.aspx?CTT=1

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thanks!
    Adrian
    Microsoft Online Community Support

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Thursday, September 30, 2010 5:46 AM
    Monday, September 27, 2010 4:23 PM

All replies

• I am not completely sure what is being asked here but Office products have the ability to bring in templates by going to Page Layout > Themes > Browse to themes > select a theme that is the following format: .thmx, docx, xlsx, pptx, dotx, xltx, ppsx, docm, potx.

To create a theme, it is a good idea to know the following information from your website: the font style and font size, and the colors (RGB numbers will give a closer match).

Here is an article that explains how to apply and customize a theme:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/apply-customize-and-save-a-document-theme-in-word-or-excel-HA010354866.aspx?CTT=1

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thanks!
    Adrian

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Thursday, September 30, 2010 5:46 AM
    Monday, September 27, 2010 4:23 PM
  • That is close, but we have an existing Style sheet and I wanted to know if you knew a way to convert the style sheet without redoing the whole thing.
    Thursday, September 30, 2010 12:59 PM
  • This does not appear to be possible because websites are set up in CSS (html format) and Office themes are set up in XML format. When I rename a theme file into .zip and open the xml files in the zip folder, manually changing the codes in the files would be more work than going into the program itself and creating a template.

Thanks!
    Adrian

Monday, October 4, 2010 7:04 PM
  • This would be neat - and dare I say an essential feature.

why pay/ spend time developing the same thing twice?

a css is a standard for fonts, sizes, headings, colours etc - so most businesses would want this as their design or theme/ template for their printed communications (or email for that matter!)

come on MS - lets get this as a solution

Saturday, December 15, 2012 10:42 AM
  • This would be neat - and dare I say an essential feature.

why pay/ spend time developing the same thing twice?

a css is a standard for fonts, sizes, headings, colours etc - so most businesses would want this as their design or theme/ template for their printed communications (or email for that matter!)

come on MS - lets get this as a solution

Saturday, December 15, 2012 10:43 AM