none
Saving an MSP file with background color RRS feed

• Question

• All,

I am working in Project Server 2016.  I have added background color to certain activities in a schedule (not based on a filter).   I then saved and publish, exit the schedule, and re-open the schedule.  The background colors are not there anymore. 

Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Thanks, 

Sandy

Monday, June 18, 2018 3:40 PM

Answers

• Sandy --

Yes, you might be missing something.  If you apply the cell background colors to an enterprise view, such as the Enterprise Gantt Chart view, the colors will not be retained.  This is because cell background colors are an attribute of the view in which you apply them, and you are not allowed to permanently change any of the attributes of an enterprise view.  Does that explain what you are seeing?  Let us know and we will try to help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by Sandy MPC Friday, June 29, 2018 2:37 PM
    Monday, June 18, 2018 4:26 PM
  • Yes, this makes total sense. (I should have thought about that considering I'm an Administrator).  I added a flag field to a team's view.  That way they can filter for "yes" and then highlight (background) quickly, knowing it will not save in a highlighted state. 

Thanks, 

Sandy

Monday, June 18, 2018 6:33 PM

All replies

• Sandy --

Yes, you might be missing something.  If you apply the cell background colors to an enterprise view, such as the Enterprise Gantt Chart view, the colors will not be retained.  This is because cell background colors are an attribute of the view in which you apply them, and you are not allowed to permanently change any of the attributes of an enterprise view.  Does that explain what you are seeing?  Let us know and we will try to help you.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, June 18, 2018 4:26 PM
  • Yes, this makes total sense. (I should have thought about that considering I'm an Administrator).  I added a flag field to a team's view.  That way they can filter for "yes" and then highlight (background) quickly, knowing it will not save in a highlighted state. 

Thanks, 

Sandy

Monday, June 18, 2018 6:33 PM
  • Sandy --

If my reply answered your question, would you please mark it as the answer?  And you are more than welcome for the help, my friend!  :)

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 7:04 PM