Skype for Business with Office 365 Enterprise E5--"Outlook profile is not configured correctly" RRS feed

• Question

• I did a clean install of Office 365 Enterprise E5, with Skype for Business set up to receive calls from any number. I missed a call and was so notified within Skype for Business. When I clicked "view more in Outlook" on the Skype window, I got the message shown in the title above.

I have Office 2016 (clean install), including Outlook 2016.

What do I need to do to fix the connection between Skype for Business and Outlook 2016?

Thanks.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 8:14 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Joe Valentine,

Please press Ctrl and right click Skype for Business icon in the taskbar, open configuration information. On the open page check if EWS status and MAPI status are OK.

Outlook 2016 uses an updated method to cache MAPI connection information

You can try to use the workaround in the following article

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3147130

Here is a similar case, please refer to

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_o365admin-mso_dep365/skype-for-business-2016-and-outlook-2016/7ff302b9-acd4-42cf-961c-73e366681ae9

Best regards,

Alice Wang

• Proposed as answer by Ram OjhaMVP Wednesday, June 22, 2016 9:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by Niko.Cheng Saturday, July 9, 2016 4:49 AM
    Wednesday, June 22, 2016 8:52 AM
  • Thank you. Your suggested link for a workaround solved at least one problem. Having run the fix, I no longer get the message about problems with my profile. But now, when I click on "View More in Outlook" on the phone tab page, I get a message that Skype is in the process of connecting to the Exchange server (I get this message if I click on the "View More..." button soon after I open skype); if I wait a little bit and click on the "View More ..." button, nothing happens. By contrast, if I click on the "View More..." button on the conversations tab page, I do go to Outlook and the conversations folder.

Have you run into this before?

Thanks again.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 6:23 PM