none
Bitlocker & Deployment from USB media RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I'm currently deploying to HP laptops which require Bitlocker enabled on them. I enabled the TPM chip in the bios and then proceed to deploy from a USB stick.

The build runs fine until the first reboot after the image has been applied and i'm presented with the screen "Remove disks or other media. Press any key to restart"

I have looked at the ztibde.log and don't see any obvious issues and the bdd.log.

Any suggestions or pointers would be appreciated

Cheers

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 3:59 PM

All replies

• Did you modify the boot order in the BIOS to load the USB key? This is considered bad. Properly implemented BIOS'es have options to boot to a specific device on boot up. HP/Dell/Lenovo have F9 or F12.

After MDT applies the OS image to the disk, it expects to boot to the Hard Disk. If you still have the BIOS set to boot to the USB key, MDT has no way of overriding that, so you must set the BIOS *back* to Disk first.

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 6:39 PM
  • Hi Keith

To boot up from the USB device, I have been manually selecting the device from F9. The hard drive of the machine has a higher precedence than USB devices.

Cheers

Thursday, October 24, 2013 8:18 AM
  • Is this LTI or ZTI/UDI? If you continue to have problems, copy the bdd.log/smsts.log files to a public share like SkyDrive, and copy the link here.

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Thursday, October 24, 2013 5:07 PM