none
MDT UDI to deploy WinXP RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all!

I am using MDT 2012 update 1 to deploy Windows XP SP3. All works well except the regional settings (keyboardlocale to be specific). I want to set the keyboardlocale to whatever is selected during installation in UDI wizard. But whatever i choose in the language page in UDI wizard is not set after OSD completion. I know KeyboardLocale is not applicable for Windows XP, therefore in my customsettings.ini i have set inputlocale=keyboardlocale.  I have also tried setting inputlocale and systemlocale to keyboardlocale using set task sequence variable in task sequence. However, I can't get the keyboardlocale to be set as required.

The language is always US (language of the reference build). Searching through many forums on web, i came to know about different methods of managing regional settings using commandline using control intl.cpl in task sequence. Or using unattend.tx t. I couldn't find a way to pass the TS variables to unattend.txt though.

Also, I have more than 20 languages to support and i would like to avoid it doing something custom unless that is the only way. Is there a way by which we can use the default languagepage available in UDI and set the keyboardlocale based upon the selection made on Windows XP SP3?

All works as expected in Windows 7. Please don't ask why i am building XP :-)  It is a requirement.

Thank you!

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 10:13 AM

Answers