Photo Browsing Zoom feature RRS feed

• Question

• When I am browsing photos using my Synaptics pointing device/touchpad, I can open a photo and in the windows photo viewer zoom in and out using the "scroll" feature.

However, when I change images by pressing the right or left button, I can no longer zoom using the scroll. Only the file I open from explorer can be zoomed. Is this a bug that will be fixed?

Latest drivers installed.
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 8:19 AM

Answers

• I am not seeing your bug on my install, so you probably have some problem device driver. The latest for the RC are not always good enough. You can check for system file corruption by running SFC.

To run the System File Checker tool, follow these steps:

1.Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.

2. Right-click cmd in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator.

3.If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue

4.At the command prompt, type the following line, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow

When the scan is complete, test to see whether the issue that you are experiencing is resolved.

Rating posts helps other users
    Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 2:40 PM

All replies

• I am not seeing your bug on my install, so you probably have some problem device driver. The latest for the RC are not always good enough. You can check for system file corruption by running SFC.

To run the System File Checker tool, follow these steps:

1.Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.

2. Right-click cmd in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator.

3.If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Continue

4.At the command prompt, type the following line, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow

When the scan is complete, test to see whether the issue that you are experiencing is resolved.

Rating posts helps other users
    Mark L. Ferguson MS-MVP
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 2:40 PM
  • Mark,

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, no problems were found, and the issue remains. I'm guessing once 7 is retail an updated driver will fix this problem. It only occurs with the touchpad, not with the regular mouse. Also, it only occurs when I use the arrows to change pictures. I can still zoom if I use the keyboard arrows.
    Monday, June 22, 2009 7:15 AM