none
Outlook prompting for password after Office 365 migration RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am currently doing a Staged Migration from on-prem Exchange 2007 to Office 365. Our users use Outlook 2010. I have migrated a few users so far without problems but after the last two I noticed that a couple of users that are still in the on-prem environment are getting popups in Outlook 2010 every minute or so asking them for their username and password. We've tried entering the correct credentials, canceling the popup, rec-creating the outlook profiles and changing their passwords but it always comes back. I thought that maybe, because they had access to the calendars of some people that have been migrated, it might be trying to connect to the calendar so I had them remove the shared calendar from their outlook... still experiencing the problem. Any advice is appreciated.

I posted this question in the Office 365 forums and they suggested that I post it here.

Chris

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 1:06 PM

Answers

• Hi Chris,

I would like to verify whether all mailboxes that are still in the Exchange 2007 have this issue, or some of them have this issue.

What's more, please run the cmdlet below to check if the RpcClientAccessServer is set correctly.

Get-MailboxDatabase "Database name" |fl name,RpcClientAccessServer

Hope this can be helpful to you.

Best regards,

Amy Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, October 30, 2014 7:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Chris,

I would like to verify whether all mailboxes that are still in the Exchange 2007 have this issue, or some of them have this issue.

What's more, please run the cmdlet below to check if the RpcClientAccessServer is set correctly.

Get-MailboxDatabase "Database name" |fl name,RpcClientAccessServer

Hope this can be helpful to you.

Best regards,

Amy Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, October 30, 2014 7:59 AM
  • We have similar issue after staged migration from on perm Exchange 2007 to Online Exchange 2013.

a Few users keep prompted for password and never go away.

is there any case resolution of links for trouble shooting?

thanks

Friday, November 6, 2015 12:46 AM