none
Internet Explorer 11 Home URL GPO Windows 7

Question

• Dears, I have created a GPO that lock and set the HOME URL for the Company. and I downloaded the IE admin tool, but I don't find as per lots of KB and google results for setting it, and it dont show IE 11 app when I make the GPO such as IE preferences, but I set the url. and also it don't apply the GPO for ie 11, but yes for some machines that has IE 9 and 10.

The GPO is on Windows 2008, not fully updated and clients are all Windows 7 recently updated.

DR.M3rL4

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 1:19 PM

Answers

• Hello,

if you will configure the Internet explorer settingswith group policy preferences for IE 11 you have to use atleast a Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012 machine and usethe GPMC here.

That way you will seethe option to use IE10for the Internet settings. And they are alsoapplying to IE 11. There will be NO IE11 in the menu option to choose.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber

MVP, MCP, MCTS

Microsoft MVP - Directory Services

My Blog: http://blogs.msmvps.com/MWeber

Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Twitter:  

• Proposed as answer by P15Aug Wednesday, May 13, 2015 7:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Elaine JingModerator Thursday, May 14, 2015 9:23 AM
    Wednesday, May 13, 2015 6:28 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

Tre the following 

1. Create a GPO and link it to a scope (Site, Domain or OU level not group) that contains all your specified user accounts.
    2. Edit the GPO: GPO name-->User Configuration-->Policies-->Administrative Templates-->Windows Components-->Internet Explorer-->Disable changing home page settings-->Enable-->Home Page: input your specified home page
    3. Logoff or restart user computer to apply this GPO

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 1:41 PM
  • Thats is of course , Assuming you've all the OU's properly organized and got all the users under the right OU's.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Pavan

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 1:44 PM
  • Hi, thanks for the answers. I made that and its applying for clients with older versions, but not for IE 11.

DR.M3rL4

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 1:45 PM
  • Mi doubt is due I saw it on lots of results, that if IE11 GPO is compatible with 2008 R2 and windows 7, or if its need to be applied/edited on Windows 8.1 RSAT or WIndows 2012.

regards

DR.M3rL4

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 2:19 PM
  • I already did that, downloaded the IE11 admx but yet none. I checked those KB before come here, and due security restriction can not modify manualy registrys.

DR.M3rL4

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 2:33 PM
  • Hello,

if you will configure the Internet explorer settingswith group policy preferences for IE 11 you have to use atleast a Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012 machine and usethe GPMC here.

That way you will seethe option to use IE10for the Internet settings. And they are alsoapplying to IE 11. There will be NO IE11 in the menu option to choose.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber

MVP, MCP, MCTS

Microsoft MVP - Directory Services

My Blog: http://blogs.msmvps.com/MWeber

Disclaimer: This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Twitter:  

• Proposed as answer by P15Aug Wednesday, May 13, 2015 7:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Elaine JingModerator Thursday, May 14, 2015 9:23 AM
    Wednesday, May 13, 2015 6:28 AM