Windows will not load the login. Have tried just about everything.. RRS feed

• Question

• Okay. Here is what happened. My computer was running perfectly FINE last night. My roomy and my hubby decided that they wanted to run some programs that would really help clean it up (I didn't think it needed it, but hey I thought it couldn't hurt, my roomy's computer was fine after he ran those programs.) The programs he ran were Malwarebytes, and some registry cleaner. Well after those were done the computer was fine. We turned it off and went to sleep, woke up the next morning, turned it on. Saw that windows was starting up, got the cool windows 7 glowy bits going on, then my monitor went black, turned back on and all I saw was a black screen with a white cursor.

this is what I have tried and failed at:
    start up repair.
    chck disk (which told me I didn't have windows installed anywhere)
    tried to repair it off of the installation disk but it said there was a compatibility issue .. something about the version (x86 v x64) - which I know there isn't. 
    ran through the whole sfc thing, that only came back as "there is another repair going on restart and try again.." yeah that failed.
    tried the bootrec /rebuildbcd - that yielded that no windows was found.
    At first I couldn't see C: then I could.. THEN it turned into D:... so .. I have no idea what is going on. I'm really frustrated, all I want is my computer back. Please pleas pleeaaaaaaaaaaaase help me. I have a lot of precious pictures and the like on there that I haven't put on my external yet =(
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Saturday, January 26, 2013 4:59 AM Moved to more appropriate forum category
    Thursday, January 17, 2013 4:23 AM

All replies

• Hi Kasheek,

I understand this was a while ago and you could have sorted it but if not,

the obvious issue is that the software that your husband ran has corrupted boot files the only thing i can really recommend is to have the harddrive recovered so you can keep your pictures and your personal files but personally i would have told you to work through the steps you already have

Sorry about not being able to be anymore helpfull,

Gavin

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 12:52 PM