Slowing down the thumbnails RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

When I bring mouse over an app icon on the task bar I get the list of thumbs for all instances of that app. Image below. Problem is it appears instantaneously even if I am just passing the mouse over it thus has become a distraction. Is it possible to set it to appear only when I am on the app icon for a few seconds?

Also can I do the same for jump lists too?

Thanks

Regards

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 1:53 AM

Answers

• Hi,

a small registry trick which can be used to adjust this hover delay time. You can set the delay time to get the thumbnail faster or slower.

1. Type regedit in RUN or Start Menu Searchbox and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.

2. Now go to following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

3. In right-side pane, create a new DWORD value ExtendedUIHoverTime

4. Now you'll need to set its value to your desired delay time. Double-click on it and select "Base" as Decimal and enter the desired value. Remember the value should be given in milliseconds.

5. That's it. Log off or restart your system.

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Deason Wu Thursday, January 14, 2016 1:58 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Michael_LS Monday, January 25, 2016 10:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by Michael_LS Wednesday, January 27, 2016 2:45 AM
    Thursday, January 14, 2016 1:55 AM