none
Exclude local resources from enterprise fields/PWA views RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

we are using MSP 2007 Enterprise as the PM system for a large scale facility construction project composed out of about 40 sub-project. The resource pool is (by management order) restricted to generic resources at group level of the involved organization. That means explicitly, their are no individual people available as resources.

Now, I received a request from one of the sub-projects, that they would like to enter their team members as resources to be able todo a "proper" resource planning :) To avoid having a local, file based plan with the detailed resource planning and a server-based plan with the cumulated values as requested by the management, my idea was to just use those team members as local resources in the server plan in addition to the group based resources.

The sub-project believes it can deal with the double counting of work due to the usage of local resources and server based resources. However, I (server admin, PMO, controller ...) can not allow local resources to interfere with the values I see in the PWA for example.  Unfortunately, work and costs generated by the local resources are showing up in PWA.

Is there a way to ignore the assignment of local resources in a project plan in all server side (meaning PWA) views, calculated fields and OLAP cubes but only include resources defined in the global resource pool?

Hope that explanation made sense ...

Thanks and cheers,

Riko

Thursday, July 22, 2010 1:40 PM

Answers