none
Connection timeout - 2007/2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I understand that its' a 2010 forum but I felt this question from 2007 is applicable here too.

I get the following error everywhen I click on "Timesheet" under approvals to review timesheets submitted by a resource. Any ideas on how to fix it?

HttpException (0x80004005): Unable to connect to SQL Server session database. The connection string was returned by an instance of the IPartitionResolver type 'Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.SqlSessionStateResolver, Microsoft.Office.Server, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c'.] System.Web.SessionState.SqlSessionStateStore.ThrowSqlConnectionException(SqlConnection conn, Exception e) +2984263 System.Web.SessionState.SqlSessionStateStore.DoGet(HttpContext context, String id, Boolean getExclusive, Boolean& locked, TimeSpan& lockAge, Object& lockId, SessionStateActions& actionFlags) +1896 System.Web.SessionState.SqlSessionStateStore.GetItemExclusive(HttpContext context, String id, Boolean& locked, TimeSpan& lockAge, Object& lockId, SessionStateActions& actionFlags) +91 System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.GetSessionStateItem() +185 System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.BeginAcquireState(Object source, EventArgs e, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData) +1042 System.Web.AsyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +85 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +263
    Friday, February 25, 2011 10:30 PM

Answers

• Hi Shaun,

The forum is dedicated to Project Server and not tied up with the version, so you are more than welcome to post your queries if its about Project Server :)

Your issue is more on the SQL end, check if either of my two observations are true in your case:

1. Check if your SQL service is running on the server and your server still has got enough space left for for your db. are your SQL trace log is enabled? if yes then how much of the server HD space they are consuming? because its a often case that someone enables the trace logs and forgot to switch them off, and then they eat most of the disk space.

2. open the SQL studio, and check for the user mapping on your reporting DB.

Let me know if any of the above works for you.

| Khurram Jamshed | Follow my blog about Enterprise Project Management Solution | http://khurramjamshed.blogspot.com |
    Sunday, February 27, 2011 6:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Shaun,

The forum is dedicated to Project Server and not tied up with the version, so you are more than welcome to post your queries if its about Project Server :)

Your issue is more on the SQL end, check if either of my two observations are true in your case:

1. Check if your SQL service is running on the server and your server still has got enough space left for for your db. are your SQL trace log is enabled? if yes then how much of the server HD space they are consuming? because its a often case that someone enables the trace logs and forgot to switch them off, and then they eat most of the disk space.

2. open the SQL studio, and check for the user mapping on your reporting DB.

Let me know if any of the above works for you.

| Khurram Jamshed | Follow my blog about Enterprise Project Management Solution | http://khurramjamshed.blogspot.com |
    Sunday, February 27, 2011 6:31 AM
  • As there has been no movement on this thread, I am going to assume it has been resolved and close it.
    Alex Burton
    www.epmsource.com | Twitter
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Wednesday, March 30, 2011 8:00 AM