none
Favicons don't show up in Internet Explorer. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm just curious why the favicons don't show up in the favourites in Internet Explorer. I have my favourites on the toolbar in folders. When i use Google Chrome it's very easy to see which favourite i want because of the picture next to it. Most of the ones in Internet Explorer just have an E on them. It makes the browser look a bit tacky and it is the main reason i don't use Internet Explorer much. 

They don't get erased in Chrome either when you delete the history.The ones that do work in chrome seem to disappear.

Monday, December 29, 2014 7:09 PM

Answers

• Hi Rayintheuk,

What is the Internet Explorer version you are using ? I will give an explanation for your issue based on the latest version Internet Explorer 11 .

“I'm just curious why the favicons don't show up in the favourites in Internet Explorer.”

Have you checked this setting ?Right click the white part of the bar and you will get this choice.

“I have my favourites on the toolbar in folders. When i use Google Chrome it's very easy to see which favourite i want because of the picture next to it. Most of the ones in Internet Explorer just have an E on them”

Right click the favorites in the favorites folder and you will get this :

Then it will be shown in the favorites bar. Right click favorites ,you can choose the title widths of the favorites.

“They don't get erased in Chrome either when you delete the history. The ones that do work in chrome seem to disappear”

How did you erase the history ? Erasing the browsing history won`t affect the favorites folder of the Internet Explorer.

Best regards

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 11:05 AM

All replies

• If you go to C:\users\yourusername\favorites do the favorites show icons? If yes then it most likely is an IE problem. If no then try and navigate to the site and re-add the favorite as a test to see if it starts working.

Chrome uses different functionality for this.

Monday, December 29, 2014 7:45 PM
  • Hi Rayintheuk,

What is the Internet Explorer version you are using ? I will give an explanation for your issue based on the latest version Internet Explorer 11 .

“I'm just curious why the favicons don't show up in the favourites in Internet Explorer.”

Have you checked this setting ?Right click the white part of the bar and you will get this choice.

“I have my favourites on the toolbar in folders. When i use Google Chrome it's very easy to see which favourite i want because of the picture next to it. Most of the ones in Internet Explorer just have an E on them”

Right click the favorites in the favorites folder and you will get this :

Then it will be shown in the favorites bar. Right click favorites ,you can choose the title widths of the favorites.

“They don't get erased in Chrome either when you delete the history. The ones that do work in chrome seem to disappear”

How did you erase the history ? Erasing the browsing history won`t affect the favorites folder of the Internet Explorer.

Best regards

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 11:05 AM