Closed federation with Office 365 Federated domains RRS feed

• Question

• We have enabled closed federation and added the federated domains in allowed list . We are able to see the presence and IM the users in these federated domains fine.

However we noticed that the federated domains that are using sipdir.online.lync.com are not able to reply back to our IM or see our presence. These are the ones using Skype for business online (o365)

In addition we have another company that has provided us the following details:

Our domain name is abcltd.onmicrosoft.com

Our current server URL is sippoolAM30.infra.lync.com

How can we Federate to this company

• Edited by Kitaab Tuesday, November 21, 2017 3:13 PM edit
    Tuesday, November 21, 2017 2:17 PM

All replies

• Hi Kitaab,

Could you give me more information about the “enabled closed federation”?,I cannot find these settings.

If I understand correctly,you want to ferderate a company with skype for business hybird environment, URL of on-premise FE server is “sippoolAM30.XXXX.lync.com”,your online domain is “abcltd.onmicrosoft.com”,you should ferderate with on-premise environment and online environment seperately.

Regards,

Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 6:41 AM
  • It is not a setting as such , fundamentally we are using closed federation since we did not check the box for enable partner discovery

We are unable to chat / call / Share screen with partners that are using O365 

Anything we need to check from our side.

Wednesday, November 22, 2017 8:44 AM
  • Any idea
    Sunday, November 26, 2017 3:04 PM
  • Hi Kitaab ,

Could you see partner present?

Do you have other ferderations?do they work normally?

Did you have some event ID on the server? such as 14501

You could refer to the following link about troubleshooting Lync/Skype for Business Federation.

http://lyncdude.com/2014/05/29/complete-guide-troubleshooting-lync-federation/index.html

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Regards,

Leon Lu

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 27, 2017 10:01 AM
  • i ran RUCT tool and looked at the domain details for the partner and found that they use hostname sipdir.online.lync.com

So i enabled Hosted Provider for Skype under SIP federated providers and added the specific domains we need to allow  under SIP Federated Domains

This got me working with almost all but 1 partner  ge.com  not sure what is different in their case

Now i see the presence of the partner domain and able to chat with them except for ge.com guys 

Any thing i can check

P.S voice call , Session sharing , Video call , File Transfer is still notw orking . will need to open another question on the forum for that

Monday, November 27, 2017 2:52 PM
  • Hi Kitaab,

I think you should know you partner's topology and ask them settings about the federation.

You could open another on this forum for that.

Regards,

Leon Lu

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 11:00 AM