none
Query AD to get OU during deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am going through http://scriptimus.wordpress.com/2013/02/11/mdt-2012-domainous-list/ article. It has explained to have OU listed during deployment and user can choose it. I want to know if there is any way through customersettings.ini to make it dynamic..i mean if some new OU is added, it can be queried and added populate automatically or instead of drop down, I can connect with AD and choose the OU? Not sure if it can be achieved..any inputs pls.

Regards,

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 8:15 PM

All replies

• Al tough I understand your question perfectly, I'm wondering, how often do you ad a new OU?

Most of the time I would say, your AD structure is in place before you are going to deploy clients. Don't you agree?

Creating a drop down list with available OU's is perfectly possible, using the MDT Wizard Editor, which you can find on codeplex, to create your own wizard pages. However dynamically update this information from AD, can only be achieve in my opinion with (complex) powershell or vbs scripting. And is it all worth it to have a functionality which in my opinion should be solved another way, with another tool.

MDT is just a deployment tool, not a GPO Manager, not AD Users and Computers, in my opinion you need to question yourself if you really want to build this with MDT. You're not going to deploy applications from via a log-in script either. -right?

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 8:57 AM